For the ancient Celtics, the Winter Solstice was a time to celebrate. It marked the rebirth of the sun, a symbolical transition from dark into light. Other early cultures—Nordic, Mayan, Egyptian—shared this reverence for the power of the sun. Not only was solar power important spiritually but it was critical for organized agriculture and community survival. In modern times, the first full moon in December prompts many people to reflect on the upcoming year.
For me, solar astrology–the science of relationships between all living things within the universe—helps me manifest my dreams and goals and recognize my personal responsibility and relationship to the planet. From weather to world events to planets, we are influenced by that which is present around us. By becoming more aware of these influences we are able to transform them into positive experiences in our life.
How can you become more aware of the powers of solar astrology? From the full moon in December to New Year’s Eve, spend time reflecting on the goals you want to see actualized for the upcoming year. For many, this involves weight loss, fitness and general health. The upcoming quarter is also an ideal time to focus on creative thinking as we are burning less energy physically and our minds are at their most fertile.
I believe we also need to consider the 12 ‘baskets’ of life when setting goals and aspirations for the New Year. This includes career, body, mind AND soul. Setting goalsignites the process of manifestation and attracts opportunities. If you are spiritually content and connected, everything else will begin working in alignment:
Here are seven simple steps to begin super manifesting your life:
• STEP 1: Purchase a journal solely for manifesting your dreams and goals. Make it small enough to carry in your purse, car or briefcase.
• STEP 2: Ask yourself…. Did I accomplish what I set out to do this past year? How well did I do it? What didn’t I accomplish and why not? Take a good accounting of the year’s harvest.
• STEP 3: What did I learn spiritually this past year? This is so important to understand. And what do I have to be grateful for? These answers are full of pearls of wisdom ~ if you don’t ask, you’ll miss acknowledging the greatness of what has already happened as a result of your visioning. Gratitude and knowledge are both KEYS to your evolution and desired future.
• STEP 4: Look towards the New Year. What’s your passion? Get clear about what you want. Ideas have already been brewing in your mind. When you ask a direct question, wait until you get specific answers and when it feels right, go with it.
• STEP 5: Make New Year’s Eve a special night. Sit, light some candles and get quiet. Collect your thoughts. Make your commitment to YOU. Say it out loud. Read your list of goals. And when you are done, be done. Then go have a great time and celebrate the passing of the old, and the welcoming of the new with friends and family.
• STEP 6: On January 1st, begin to align yourself with your goals and dreams. What’s the plan? What do you require to start the process? Write it down. By the time the Spring Equinox – March 21st rolls around you need to be ready to work. I call this ‘Launch Day’ or seed-planting day.
• STEP 7:Take few minutes at the beginning of each day to review your goals, vision your goals, and ask what needs to be done next. This will bring forth new ideas. Get everything lined up that needed. Call the people you need for support. Determine a budget. Put everything in place to ensure success. And then get ready for ‘Launch Day’!
By Madeleine Marentette, founder of Grail Springs Wellness Retreat www.grailsprings.com